- The Targeting Grammar series is a program for teaching grammar and punctuation to primary school students using a well-tested developmental continuum.
The Targeting Grammar Teacher’s Guide Middle Primary parallels the work in the Targeting Grammar Activity Books 3 and 4.
They are divided into the same six areas of study (Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Adverbs and Sentences) and contain the following elements to support teaching:
Idela for Middle Primary
- Essentials – a summary of each concept to enable explicit instruction.
- Introduction – ideas to introduce and demonstrate each concept to the whole class.
- Exploration – activities to engage the whole class in exploring the area of study.
- Revision – supplementary photocopiable worksheets to use as: homework, individual practice, whole class activities and targeting practice for students experiencing difficulty.
- Assessment – worksheets to assess each student’s level of understanding.
- Games and Activities – to photocopy and laminate for use as a fun way to practice and reinforce grammar skills.
- The Spelling Connection – a concise and useful reference that shows the relationship between spelling and grammar.
- Punctuation Glossary – a comprehensive glossary explaining how punctuation marks are used in writing.