The ICE-EM Mathematics series was created by the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute (AMSI) to provide a mathematics program that gives students a clear understanding of ideas and concepts.
- It aims to improve mathematics learning for students with a range of abilities, needs and levels of interest.
- Topics are logically organised to build understanding.
- The structured approach uses clear explanations and a range of examples and explorations to introduce concepts.
- Graded exercises and activities are cross-referenced to worked examples.
- The integrated approach to proficiency strands encourages students to apply Understanding, Fluency, Problem-solving and Reasoning skills in every exercise.
- Review exercises and chapters cement understanding, revisit topics and prepare students for future learning.
- Challenge exercises extend problem-solving skills.