- Give your students the structured practice and instruction they need to become strong writers without losing the creative spirit that makes writing fun!
- Paragraph Writing is jam-packed with activities that provide students with practice writing narrative, descriptive, how-to, and compare and contrast paragraphs.
- From writing forms to web diagrams, there are a variety of activities to support students' varied learning levels, styles, and interests.
- With resources such as transparencies and a trait-based writing guide, you have everything you need to provide students with motivating writing practice!
You'll love Paragraph Writing because it:
- supports 6-Trait writing. Activities build skills in each trait—voice, organisation, word choice, conventions, ideas, and sentence fluency. And a trait-based writing guide at the beginning of the book makes it easy to see exactly which skills are being developed.
- comes with 8 ready-to-use transparencies. Providing writing models and guiding group work is a breeze.
- contains multiple lessons at varied difficulty levels. Help differentiate instruction in your classroom using lessons that fit all of your students' needs.
- introduces students to important paragraph writing skills. From topic sentences and supporting details, to using an outline or web diagram.
- integrates writing across the curriculum. Writing forms and prompts provide opportunities for students to practice their writing skills in science, social studies, and maths.
- inspires reluctant writers. Motivating topics and delightful illustrations make writing fun!
Watch students progress as they hone their writing skills through a variety of activities:
- Part I: Parts of a Paragraph—Students learn about main idea, topic sentences, and supporting details through guided and independent practice activities.
- Part II: Paragraph Forms—Students use scaffolded forms to organise information into narrative, descriptive, how-to, and compare/contrast paragraphs.
- Part III: Planning Paragraphs Using a Web—Students practice organising sentences within paragraphs and paragraphs within reports while using webs.
- Part IV: Planning Paragraphs Using an Outline—Students practice organising more advanced paragraphs and reports while using outlines.
- Part V: Paragraph Writing Center—Students reinforce writing skills and concepts through engaging writing center activities.
- Part VI: Paragraph Writing Across the Curriculum—Suggestions and writing forms help you integrate writing into every curriculum area. Students practice writing different kinds of paragraphs on science, social studies, and maths topics.
- Give your students the practice they need to become strong writers!
Ideal for Grades 2-4