- Sequencing practice, whether picture stories or simple word stories, provides young learners with many important skills.
- This resource provides a wide variety of reproducible cut-and-paste sequencing activities for children from preschool to beginning readers.
The book is divided to the progressively difficult sections:
- real-life sequencing experiences
- three-, four-, and six- part picture stories
- sequencing words into sentences
- sentences into simple stories
Sections in the book include:
- Beginning Sequencing — teaching ideas for sequencing real-life events, full-page picture cards for sequencing three popular nursery rhymes.
- Picture Stories — reproducible cut-and-paste pages begin with four three-part picture stories and progress to six four-part and 10 six-part stories.
- What Happens Next? — students either cut and paste or draw to show what follows pictured events.
- Make a Sentence — students cut out words and past in order to tell about a picture. Beginning vocabulary with sentence length three-five words.
- Pictures and Words — students cut out sentences with simple vocabulary (short vowels and common sight vocabulary) and paste them under the correct picture to create a four-part story.
- Sequence Stories — students cut and paste four or six sentences to create a story about a picture. Vocabulary contains short and long vowels and more special words.
- Sequence and Write — students cut and paste three, four, or six pictures in order and them write about the pictures to tell a story.
- Complete step-by-step directions and all the patterns you need are included.
- Fun, instructive illustrations throughout.
Ideal for Grades K-2