Each book in this series:
Ideal for Years 5-6
- contains class, group or independent activities to examine and consolidate knowledge across the science curriculum.
- Develops the spectrum of scientific capabilities from conducting an investigation to applying science understanding to real-life contexts.
- is designed to inspire and intrigue, with hands-on activities, fun pages and question-provoking topics.
- makes it as easy as possible for teachers to effectively plan and implement units on a wide range of contexts and themes.
- One of the fundamental aims of this Science Smart series is to spark scientific curiosity while covering the living, physical and material worlds, and planet Earth and beyond, interwoven with a nature of science focus.
- The core of its design is to introduce and consolidate key science skills related to investigation, critique, interpretation and applying science to the real world.
- Student resources include practical, hands-on experiments and investigation ideas, along with worksheets and fun pages for consolidation.
- In addition, this comprehensive package offers detailed background notes and ideas to support teachers in planning units and implementing the activities.
- Generic templates are also provided so that the process of setting individual topics is similarly straightforward.