- Dr Robinson knows the difficulties of working 'in the fast lane': as a father of three, he has had to balance his family life with the pressures of being a Professor of Medicine.
- The pressures of working life today mean that many fathers have limited time to spend with their children.
- This book presents practical and straightforward ways for fathers to improve this situation and rethink their priorities.
- In this collection of valuable fathering ideas, over 75 busy men (including some famous dads like Tim Winton, Kim Beazley, Tim Costello, John Howard, and many others) speak about how they balance demanding jobs with being a good dad.
Some of the common questions addressed in the book are:
- How can I make better use of my limited time with my kids?
- How can I know if I'm doing a good job of being a dad?
- What do children need from their father?
- What have other busy men done to be effective dads?