- The Mellors have spent the past thirty years working with families.
The concepts they teach are simple and fundamental, such as:
- Our families are little communities in which children learn how to live in the wider world;
- We, as parents, are really on a 21-year journey with our children as we raise them to be responsible and happy adults;
- Achieving a balance between our work and our family life is critical;
- We can learn a lot about the challenges we face in parenting by considering our own childhood experience of families;
- Families can get stuck in unhelpful patterns – but we can change these;
- Parents need to model the behaviour they want to see from their children.