- This innovative series explores many popular, widely recognised aspects of Australia's history, including a study of Australian figures - Caroline Chisholm, Ned Kelly, William Farrer - as well as Anzac Day, immigration, flags and government, and the coming of television.
- Each unit of work is presented in the same framework: an informative one-page text, comprehension questions with activities a unit overview, suggested activities and a resource page.
- Teachers are encouraged to take advantage of the flexible nature of this book.
Appropriate for use in the middle and upper primary years, Australia's profiles and people may be used in a wide variety of ways, including:
- a 2-3 week unit of work,
- as the framework of an integrated unit of work,
- as a single lesson focusing on a current or topical event, such as Australia Day.
Ideal for Years 4-7