- Critical thinking is a core set of cognitive skills that include: focusing, information-gathering, remembering, organising, analysing, generating, integrating and evaluating.
The subjects and topics in Year 2 include:
- Social Studies (Down on the Farm, Gold!, The Australian Alphabet)
- English (Mirror, Mirror on the Door, Alike, but so Different, Alphabet Soup, Spelling as Easy as ABC, Magic Scramble)
- Science (Birds of a Feather, Amazing Amphibians, Interesting Invertebrates, Dynamic Dinosaurs and Weather Watch)
- Creative Arts (Art that Moves, The Lion Dance, Let us Entertain You!, Playing the Part and Pottery Patterns)
- Maths (A Stinging Surprise, Leaping Frogs, The Giving Possum, The Crocodile and the Fish and The Scented Garden).
Ideal for Year 2