- Critical thinking is a mental process that involves a set of advanced thinking skills including cause and effect, problem-solving, decision making, analysing, categorising, inferring, predicting and summarising.
The subjects and topics in Year 5 include:
- Social studies (X Marks the Spot, Metro Madness, The Desert Challenge and Raindrops Keep Falling…)
- English (Triple Play, Get into the Code Mode, Alike or Opposite?, Be a Pronoun Pro and Complicated Compounds)
- Science (Oh Where, Oh Where?, Adam’s Animals, Classy Classifying, To Life! and Under the Sea)
- Creative Arts (A Musical Malaise, A Logical Step, Meet the Artists and On with the Show)
- Maths (How Cents-able Are you?, I’ve Got your Number, Geometrics, Shape Maker and A Weighty Matter).
Ideal for Year 5