This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- This is a delightful, audience pleasing, one-set, musical spoof based on Mr. Kelly's enormously popular hit The Butler Did It.
- Miss Maple, a Flaky society dowager, invites a pack of zany detective writers to a spooky house on an isolated island and forces them to impersonate their fictional sleuths.
- For entertainment, she arranges some "classic" touches - a hairy face at the window, the threat of an escaped lunatic, no communications with the outside world.
- What she did not arrange was the body on the sitting room carpet!
- It's up to seedy Chandler Marlowe to solve the bizarre case and he makes a side-splitting mess of it!
- Ultimately, everyone has a guilty secret to confess and the real killer turns out to be the least suspected.
- The happy score is dotted with likeable and show-stopping hits: "Murder, Mystery and Mayhem", "The Moth to the Flame", "Cherchez La Femme", "I Know My Stuff" and of course "The Butler Did It", among others.