No musical may be rehearsed or performed prior to approval for production being granted and a per performance royalty fee being paid.
All musicals are subject to restrictions and price changes without notice.
Royalties fees, orchestration hires and delivery charges are also subject to change without notice.
Flexible cast of 32.
- The Roaring Twenties was such a colorful decade that the unbeatable team of playwright Tim Kelly and musician Bill Francoeur couldn’t resist it!
- Come celebrate the era with them and meet Polly Pepper, a young flapper who really knows how to live in the time of Stutz Bearcat automobiles, Ziegfield girls, raccoon coats, ukuleles, beauty contests, goldfish swallowers, and gangsters.
- Polly’s about to turn 18 and will then inherit a fabulous diamond necklace called the ’Ice Garden.’ She’s planning a madcap birthday party and inviting all her pals.
- However, with a friend like Susan Stuyvesant-Fish, she doesn’t need any enemies!
- Polly’s new boyfriend, Buck Wayne, wouldn’t miss the birthday bash for anything, even if he has to land his private plane on the lawn of the polo grounds.
- But there’s trouble ahead! Mobsters are planning to grab the necklace. But thanks to Polly, they’re defeated in uproarious fashion.
- Meet fabulous characters like Mona of the Crazy Cat Club, Monica Woodsquirrel of Radio Station WWWW atop Hotel Times Square, crime fighter Lieutenant Fluke, mobsters trying to steal the necklace, and ’Flagpole Sitter’ Lenny Knickerbocker.
- Not only does Polly save the necklace, she also saves her aunt from losing money in a confidence scheme and manages to become the star of the Ziegfeld Follies before she even cuts the cake!
- The songs are sensational, including ’The Roaring Twenties,’ ’It Has to be Jazz,’ ’Mona’s Moaning Low,’ ’Dijja Ever?’ and, natch, ’Flapper.’ Set on an open stage, this is a simple production with lots of small but funny roles. Flapper is the ’cat’s meow,’ so what are you waiting for? ’Ev’rybody Charleston’ your way over to this sure-fire audience pleaser!