No musical may be rehearsed or performed prior to approval for production being granted and a per performance royalty fee being paid.
All musicals are subject to restrictions and price changes without notice.
Royalties fees, orchestration hires and delivery charges are also subject to change without notice.
Flexible cast of 32.
- Friday Knight Fever joyfully spoofs a time when mood rings and Magic Eight Balls revealed the wisdom of the world, when ’Women’s Lib’ empowered a new generation and when disco music reigned.
- And Bill Francoeur’s music captures the essence of this unique era perfectly to create this hilarious musical that can’t be beat for fun and energy!
- The students of Culpepper High are distressed that Rita’s Roller Skating Rink, a favorite hangout of many of the local teens, must close temporarily for remodeling.
- At least Rita still is allowing them to hang out at the rink’s snack bar. Meanwhile, back at school, principal Mrs. Flint is depressed.
- Work isn’t as stimulating as it once was, and she is contemplating retirement, much to the glee of Doris Drake, her bitterly jealous vice-principal.
- A letter brought in by loyal secretary Stacy renews Mrs. Flint’s enthusiasm: she has been named a finalist for Principal of the Year.
- The judges plan to talk to students away from school — like at the roller rink — so Mrs. Flint is determined to have a ’true cross-section’ of students hang out there.
- She convinces the sponsor of the chess club to hold practices at the rink to improve their concentration and have a better chance of beating the Soviets at their upcoming international meet.
- But all this extra activity at the rink is making things extremely difficult for jewel thief Buzz and his cohort in crime Delilah, who have hidden a stolen diamond right on Rita’s disco ball.
- You can imagine the hysterical confusion when all converge at the roller rink at the same time.
- Throw in school thugs Greg, Peter and Bobby, who are disguised as cheerleaders to help the malicious vice-principal thwart Mrs. Flint’s attempts to impress the judges, and you’ve got enough crazy energy on stage for a disco dance!
- Good thing Rita promised the kids they can have one Friday in honor of their school mascot... the Knight! They’ll call their dance the Friday Knight Fever — both your cast and your audience will love it!