No musical may be rehearsed or performed prior to approval for production being granted and a per performance royalty fee being paid.
All musicals are subject to restrictions and price changes without notice.
Royalties fees, orchestration hires and delivery charges are also subject to change without notice.
Flexible cast of 14.
- Jitterbug back to the ’40s with a fun tribute to the Hollywood musical movie!
- Hubba Hubba satirizes the Hollywood stars, plots and songs of the swing era, with many wonderful roles: Jane Talbot, the girl with “the million dollar knees”; Capt. Steve Wright, Jane’s “Mr. Right”; Sammy and Becky, who could have been played by Mickey and Judy; Schmidt, a comical German spy who claims to be from Mexico; and Lorraine, the little rich girl who tried to take Sammy away from Becky.
- Jane Talbot, the number one pinup queen of Hollywood, takes a break from making movies to go on a bond-selling tour.
- In Small City, USA, she meets her childhood sweetheart, Capt. Wright.
- Meanwhile in Small City, Sammy wants to do something for the war effort, so he decides to put on a show to raise money to build a serviceman’s canteen.
- Becky should be the star, but Lorraine’s father owns the warehouse where they plan to do the show, so guess who takes over!
- Sammy’s father, a scientist, uses the warehouse to try to develop a secret weapon, but he is constantly thwarted by Schmidt.
- Of course, the happy ending unites Jane and her sweetheart and the kids get to join their show with Jane’s at the City Auditorium. You’ll love the suggestions of 40s movie stars in the songs of this authentic, patriotic play about bringing the home front together.
- No doubt about its authenticity: to write Hubba Hubba, the Casey brothers consulted with personal friends Ann Miller, Esther Williams and Dorothy Lamour!