No musical may be rehearsed or performed prior to approval for production being granted and a per performance royalty fee being paid.
All musicals are subject to restrictions and price changes without notice.
Royalties fees, orchestration hires and delivery charges are also subject to change without notice.
- Everyone will love this charming, upbeat adaptation of a literary classic.
- Mary Lennox (’Such A Difficult Child’) is sent to live in England after her parents die in India.
- Misselthwaite Manor turns out to be a gloomy fortress.
- Her uncle is rarely home and his young son, Colin, never leaves his room, convinced he’s an incurable invalid. Mary discovers a strange walled garden that has been locked up for years.
- With the gardener’s apprentice, Dickon, a lad who can talk to the animals, Mary coaxes the garden back to life.
- The garden seems to have a wonderful, magical effect on all who come into it, allowing Mary to help restore Colin to health and a reunion with his father.
The score is bright and delightful: ’Take a Flower To the Fair,’ You Can Do It,’ ’Something’s Happening With Master Colin.’ This version also introduces the endearing Sowerby family (’One Big Happy Family’).
It’s highly entertaining and remarkably easy to stage.