This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- This theatrically thrilling new version of the classic myth was first produced for the Young Vic in 1996.
- Rather than presenting kids with gaudy, gobsmacking spectacle, this enchanting Beauty and the Beast stimulates the mind.
- Laurence Boswell's adaptation of the fairy story is at once beguiling and disconcertingly strange. . . his beautifully written script is so evocative that we seem to see wonders that are not actually there . . .
- It is hard to imagine a more hauntingly beautiful children's show Daily Telegraph.
- This enchanting play can be performed straight or with music - drawn from traditional French folk melodies - composed by Mick Sands for the Young Vic production. the score is available separately from the text.