This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- Here’s a short bittersweet play that packs an emotional wallop. It’s a patriotic holiday and a family has gathered on a hillside to celebrate the occasion.
- The family lost Billy in a war years ago.
- Each remembers the soldier the way he was without any thought to what changes the passing years have made in their lives.
- The mother, father and sister are joined by the soldier’s former sweetheart, now a grown woman with two sons of her own.
- When their memories bring Billy back, it is the fallen soldier who realizes he cannot stay — that time has moved on.