This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- Welcome to the museum’s lecture on ’Monsters, Murderers and Madmen.’
- You have no doubt enjoyed the Chamber of Horrors display in the lobby and are listening attentively to Professor Dirk Carlton, a renowned Egyptologist, tell of his discovery of the Pharaoh Menkaura’s tomb. Suddenly, while watching a slide of the ruler’s sarcophagus, the projector goes off, plunging the auditorium into darkness. When the lights come on, the professor is dead and the priceless jewel he was holding has vanished!
- Your audience is now drawn into this mystery, both as witnesses and suspects. When Lt. Dan Morrow arrives, he narrows the suspects to seven. Was it the jealous wife? Or the exotic Egyptian who cursed the expedition? The lieutenant enlists the audience’s aid in solving the crime, allowing them to question and accuse the suspects.
- Your audience will be caught up in this ’virtual’ thriller, uncovering the clues that reveal the killer in the electrifying climax.
- This unique mystery, equally suitable for community theatres and advanced school groups, contains as many laughs as it does shivers.
- To help create the reality of a museum lecture, the script provides instructions for downloading the necessary Egyptian slides from our website.