This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- All aboard the H.M.S. Majestic for a riotous adventure in this full length melodrama set in the Roaring Twenties!
- Little does our heroine, the heiress Merry Ann Sweet, know that she is the intended victim of the villainous Snively Swine’s kidnapping plot. With his partner, the slinky and exotic Aracnia Webb, Swine disguises himself as Sir Reginald Rottentot, a British nobleman, in order to gain the confidence of Merry and her flapper friends, Mitzi, Ritzy, and Ditzy. But Merry falls for the handsome waiter, Cary De Mille. Poor Cary — he loves Merry, too, but ship’s policy says he can’t get involved with a passenger.
- Must these two ships pass in the night?
- Not if Merry’s flapper friends can help it! Together, they transform Merry from a shy young lady into a red-hot jazz baby. Meanwhile, Swine launches his kidnap scheme. It’s sink or swim for Cary.
- Can he save Merry and stay out of Aracnia’s clutches?
- It’s up to the passengers — movie star Mary Pickaxe, gossip columnist Hedda Hooper, detective Willy Ketchum and more — to help Cary put the damper on Swine.
- Your cast and audience will go overboard in their enthusiasm for this rollicking production!