This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- Rats are taking over Hamelin, eating everything in sight and frightening the citizens!
- Nobody, including the greedy mayor, knows what to do.
- Even Duchess Dingaling is at her wit’s end. Rattytatty, the pest control officer, admits defeat.
- Who should turn up but an odd young gentleman who calls himself the Pied Piper?
- In return for getting rid of the pests, he sets a fee of one thousand guilders. The town agrees. True to his claim, the Piper disposes of the cheese nibblers.
- However, the townsfolk claim they are too poor to pay.
- In retaliation, the Pied Piper leads the children from the town and hides them within a magic mountain.
- The townsfolk realize their error and search for the mysterious musician.
- The slap-happy characters range from a silly Dancing Tutor, who creates a new dance called ’doing the Rat,’ to Old Widow Whiskers, the wise rat, who’s too slow to follow the Piper.
- A simple set and funny action make this show RATASTIC!