This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- The literary classic you’ve loved for years is also an easy-to-produce full-length play. Mary Lennox, known as a difficult child, is sent to live at her uncle’s estate in England after her parents pass away.
- Misselthwaite Manor turns out to be a gloomy fortress. Her uncle is rarely home, and his young son, Colin, never leaves his room, convinced he’s an incurable invalid.
- To her surprise, Mary discovers a strange walled garden that has been locked up for years. With the assistance of Dickon, the gardener’s apprentice, Mary brings the garden back to life and discovers Dickon’s amazing ability to communicate with animals.
- The garden seems to have a wonderful, magical effect on all who come into it, allowing Mary to help restore Colin to health and to reunite him with his father.
- This version also introduces the endearing Sowerby family, who add much laughter and love to this touching story.
- Take time to smell the roses-production is simple with an open stage and minimal set requirements.