This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- This gripping drama opens in 1691, where Sarah Brooks, who has been tried as a witch, is sentenced to hang, cursing those who would disturb her rest.
- Now jump to the present: six high school seniors have a graduation party at Heather’s house, which is built on the hill where the condemned witches were buried.
- Heather goads the others into inviting a new girl, Sarah, to their party.
- Sarah is the perfect example of the ’trash’ Heather thinks is moving in and ruining the town.
- Heather insists that Sarah drink a glass of ’Initiation Punch,’ and when Sarah collapses and dies, the joke suddenly stops.
- To protect their post-graduation dreams, the others decide to throw Sarah’s body down the backyard well and vow never to tell anyone what happened.
- Eight years later, the group must once again come together. Construction near the well has revealed... nothing.
- A police detective has told Heather that a woman in a long dress has been seen on her property. Is it Sarah? A chilling tale of suspense, with excellent roles for women.
- This play draws your audience in and doesn’t let go until the unforgettable climax.