This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- This enchanting version of the classic children’s story will touch your heart.
- Unbeknownst to Andrew’s grumpy nursemaid, there is a life to the playthings on the floor and in the toy cabinet when the lights go out in the nursery Timothy Lion, Train Engine, Skin Horse, Model Boat and Velveteen Rabbit all spring to life.
- Actors represent the ’spirit’ of each toy-chattering, bickering and sharing their feelings in hilarious and touching interactions.
- With narration by the tender and grandfatherly Skin Horse Spirit, you’ll laugh and cry along with the characters as they endure the trials and tribulations of their unique experiences-especially the Rabbit Spirit, who learns about love when he gains the affection of the young boy.
- The raggedy stuffed bunny is with him every moment until Andrew comes down with scarlet fever and the doctor orders all bedding, including the much-loved toy, to be burned.
- Rabbit Spirit escapes that terrible fate by a ’hare,’ finding himself among the wild rabbits and the beautiful nursery magic fairy.
- With a late-Victorian flavor in the dialogue and costuming, this adaptation creatively and beautifully renders for the stage the miraculous story of a stuffed animal made real by a child’s love and a little magic.