This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- There’s nothing worse than unexpected visitors, particularly when one of them has been dead for over a hundred years.
- Nothing worse, that is, unless it’s the crazy folks who want to visit with “a real live, dead ghost!” The poor McBrines have to deal with all of this... and more!
- When they discover they are broke, their nephew and niece, Sam and Sammie, decide to rent out the ghost of their great grandmother to earn money.
- Unfortunately, it’s the ghost of their grandmother’s first husband who shows up — a dead man with an eye for the ladies. But the lady he chooses wields a wicked frying pan, and several heads suffer the consequences! Along with this, the McBrines must deal with the arrival of long lost “royal” members of their family, a boarder who sets loose her pet spiders to cure headaches and a group intent on holding a séance to contact “the other side.”
- Perfect for community theatres or schools and filled with mistaken identities, an over-the-top charmer and heaps of physical comedy, this delightful romp through improbable situations and characters will incite laughter that’s sure to wake the dead!