This play may not be performed unless approval is granted and a per performance royalty fee is paid.
Please contact Dominie Pty Ltd for an application form – www.dominie.com.au/dramaroyalty
- A man is off on a peacekeeping mission overseas. The women Jack leaves at home must deal with his six month absence, each facing the reality of separation privately.
- Their only connection with the man they love is via letters.
- Through this correspondence, the audience becomes privy to their fears, their hopes, their anticipation and ultimately their sorrow.
- His wife, Karen, must take charge of the household and the family for the first time in her married life.
- Lillian, his mother, is haunted by the memories of losing Jack’s father in the Korean War.
- His daughter, Mary, struggles with her bitterness regarding her father’s absence as well as the reason behind it. This drama powerfully depicts not only the sacrifices made by soldiers but also by their families.
- Whether for contest or performance, you will be moved by this stirring play.