- Law and Government is designed to provide an introduction to the government and justice systems in Australia.
- This book provides a solid background in these areas and comprehensive fact sheets have been provided to equip the busy teacher with both background information and ready-to-go student activities to consolidate understandings.
- Encourage students to think about issues relating to civics and citizenship and to develop an understanding of the key elements of Australia's legal and political systems through awareness of their own rights and responsibilities.
The fact sheets and activities cover a wide variety of topics including:
- The need for laws and governments;
- Crimes and punishments;
- The court system;
- Governments around the world;
- Australia's three-tier system of government;
- Australia's constitution;
- United Nations as world government.
- All activities are outcomes based with links to the political and legal strands of the Society and Environment/HSIE/SOSE learning areas of the curriculum.
Ideal for Ages 11+