- Australia's proud history encompasses many events that have shaped the nation we know today.
- An understanding and appreciation of Australia's past is essential in order for students to become active and informed citizens.
- The activities in this book are designed according to Bloom's taxonomy of thinking and aim to promote both critical and creative thinking skills within an historic context.
- Students are encouraged to recall, apply, design, create, reflect and evaluate their understanding of Australia's rich history.
The Jumping Back Through Australian History Activity Book is to be used with the associated Resource Book (sold separately - REP-792) which comprises four stories enabling students to look through the eyes of:
- The Eora people witnessing the arrival of European settlers;
- Simpson and his donkey at Gallipoli;
- A Polish migrant digging for gold
- A young girl fleeing from the Ash Wednesday bushfires of 1983.
- Activities are HSIE/Society and Environment and English-based and are outcome linked.
Ideal for Ages 8-10