- Australian Curriculum History is a resource to supplement any school’s history program, acting as a springboard for further investigation into people and events of the past.
- The seven-book series is linked to the requirements of the Australian National Curriculum.
- The aim of the series is to use the Historical Knowledge and Understanding strand of the Australian Curriculum as a vehicle for practising the skills laid down by the Historical Skills strand to answer the key inquiry questions.
- The units in each book explore different aspects of the content description..
- The activities in each unit give students the opportunity to practise historical skills while addressing concepts which aid historical understanding.
A supporting teachers page which provides:
- the content description
- an elaboration relating to the specific aspect of the content description
- the key inquiry questions
- the historical skills practised by completing the activities
- background information
- teaching notes to assist in classroom organisation
- additional activities to extend the topic
- resources to supplement information/activities for teachers/students
- time line related to specific people and events
Three student activity pages which consist of:
- a stimulus text to inform students about the theme and to promote discussion
- an activity page related directly to the text but requiring research, evaluative comprehension and application of historical skills
- an additional activity page
- a fact file on each of the two activity pages that provides an interesting or unusual fact related to the topic
Related to each section is:
Ideal for Year 5
- a series of quizzes
- an answer page