This book commemorates 100 hundred years since the Anzacs landed at Gallipoli.
The informative text covers nine different Anzac Day topics and are followed by reproducible activity pages for lower, middle and upper primary students.
Ideal for Primary
- Explains centenary commemorations and observances.
- Explains how Anzac Day is observed and what it involves.
- Details the Gallipoli campaign, fighting on the Western Front during World War I, and how soldiers were looked after behind the battlelines when injured.
- Describes the symbols of Anzac and what life was like for those at home during war and for returning soldiers.
- Gives information about Australia's defence forces, including uniforms and armaments.
- Describes Australian involvement in World War I, World War II, and in other conflicts around the globe.
- Includes relevant literature, websites, elaborations, additional activities, worksheet information and answers.