- Winner of The Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, The National Book Award, The Irish Times International Prize.
- Quoyle is a hapless, hopeless journalist living and working in New York.
- While weathering the storm that is his marriage of one-way love for no-good wife Petal, disaster strikes, and Petal is killed in a spectacular road accident.
- Set adrift on an aimless quest, Quoyle heads for land of his forefathers – to the remote corners of far-flung Newfoundland.
- With his delinquent daughters, Bunny and Sunshine, in tow, Quoyle takes up the post of shipping news reporter, and finds himself part of an unfolding, exhilarating Atlantic drama.
- Set against the bracing winds and billowing waves of Newfoundland, The Shipping News is an irresistible comedy of human life and possibility.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.