- This print version of the current English K–10 Syllabus identifies the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes that NSW secondary school students are expected to develop. English is a mandatory subject from Kindergarten to Year 12 in the NSW curriculum.
- The syllabus is designed to provide flexibility for teachers to develop their teaching and learning programs to meet the needs of their students.
- The syllabus focuses on helping students develop a love of literature and learning. It develops skills to help students experiment with ideas and expression and to become active and independent lifelong learners.
Through responding to and composing a wide range of texts and through the close study of texts, students will develop knowledge, understanding and skills in order to:
- communicate through speaking, listening, reading, writing, viewing and representing
- use language to shape and make meaning according to purpose, audience and context
- think in ways that are imaginative, creative, interpretive and critical
- express themselves and their relationships with others and their world
- learn and reflect on their learning through their study of English.
- Years: Years 7 and 8 (Stage 4), Years 9 and 10 (Stage 5)
- Format: Printed
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.
Ideal for years 7-10