- Social-Emotional Learning: Lessons for Developing Decision-Making Skills is designed to help students develop a strong set of social and emotional skills. Students are asked to read, think and respond to a variety of reading passages that contain character-building scenarios.
Each of the 15 units includes:
- A 3-page reading passage addressing a different aspect of character development, such as honesty, fairness, respect and responsibility
- Thought-provoking questions for teacher-guided discussions
- 5 reading comprehension questions
- 4 different writing activities to gauge understanding of concepts.