- The four plays in this selection of Athol Fugard's best work are set among people and in the place he knows most intimately - Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
- Each explores a close and tense family situation or relationship against the background of wider suffering and tensions, engaging our sympathies for South Africans of all races in their struggle to retain dignity and hope.
- The texts printed here have all been recently revised by the author.
- Blood Knot in particular is taken from Fugard's most recent stage production in which the play was cut by one-third and substantially rewritten; this is the first publication in an authoritative form.
Plays included -
- Master Harold and the Boys
- Blood Knot
- Hello and Goodbye
- Boesman and Lena.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.