- The four plays included are:
- The tissue of the title is a left breast and lymph node removed during Sally Bacon's mastectomy…
- Louise Page catalogues Sally's changing attitudes to what her mother calls her chest, her brother calls her tits and what she calls her bosoms.
- 'There is in this strange and beautiful new play…a moment when the author crosses the boundaries of naturalism and the seaside sands of Salonika are literally parted and the dead past rises to life'
- 'Miss Page, by accurate, detailed, loving writing has created four real people, sensitive to the needs of others yet each, ultimately with an instinct for self-preservation.
- These are 'ordinary' people to whom nothing special happens.
- They become special, extraordinary because of the dignity their creator endows them with'
- 'Not only does this enthralling play take us into the world of women's athletics, it also raises any number of questions about the success ethic, the dubious role of sponsorship and the secondary status of nearly all women's sports.'
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.