- Carlene, an unemployed single mother, share her mornings in the park with the homeless Woman.
- Val joins them sometimes, helping Carlene mind her children.
- Despite their varied fortunes, this trio share a sense of community.
- They indulge in mockery of Nanny, another park regular, who tries to deny her background by pretending an upper-class status.
- In Val and Carlene, Nanny recognises traces of her own past that troubles her conscience.
- In a dramatic flashback to forty years before, we see Nanny (played by Val) dismiss her nursery maid Rosie (played by Carlene) for 'immoral' behaviour.
- The guilt over her action proves for Nanny too much to bear.
- The play ends on an up-beat note, at the point of her coming to terms with her true identity.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.