- Returning home unexpectedly early from a rendezvous with her lover, Sophie Fontaineau finds that her husband Etienne is absent and immediately suspects him of philandering.
- She accidently spills brandy on her porter's trousers; the poor man soon finds himself trouserless behind a screen, desperately worried by the return of Etienne, who is disguised as the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Further to complications ensue when Etienne's lover "Esmeralda" appears and recognizes the porter - now disguised as Sophie's aged aunt - as her husband.
- All is finally resolved....or is it?
- Clothilde, the long-suffering maid, provides the final twist to this delightful comedy.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.