- Bella and her mother Charlotte visit the dressmaker for a fitting of her wedding dress.
- The wedding is one where social prestige and money count for more than love, and Charlotte is determined Bella shall shine.
- Influenzed by a fashion magazine article, she decides to improve the dress by adding innumerable flounces, though only one night is left.
- Worn out by overwork and starvation the dressmaker, when left alone, collapses dying - but not before a brief moment of sympathy and understanding unexpectedly springs up between her and the girl doomed to a loveless and useless married life.
- Period - mid nineteenth century.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.