- In this cheerily goofy spoof of all those gothic novels where the heroine is brought to the ancient manor by her handsome, brooding groom, new bride Daphne is brought to Brackenloch the day after her husband Jabez Thorngall lost his first bride to the family curse: any bride at Brackenloch Manor is doomed to die on her wedding day.
- At the bottom of the bracken fringed Scottish loch which gives the manor its name lurks "Bracky" who is not a monster to take lightly.
- The murder of Jabez's father six years earlier remains unsolved and family disappearances create further mysteries.
- Also missing is the Strong Wong, a Hong Kong tong gong thong which used to hang above the crossed claymores above the fireplace.
- Potential suspects include the housekeeper, the maid, the sister, the cook, the handyman, the aunt, the sexy female neighbour, the cast off sweetheart of Jabez who thought she would be the new bride.
- Suspicion and danger are omnipresent and audiences love every minute of this thriller.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.