- In 1940 France an unlikely pair team up to evade the approaching Nazis.
- Little Jacobowsky, a Polish Jewish intellectual, has been one step ahead of the Nazis for years.
- Stjerbinsky is an aristocrat, anti-Semitic Polish colonel who's trying to get to England.
- Jacobowsky has a car, but can't drive.
- The Colonel can.
- And so begins their adventurous journey set against a backdrop of lively and lovely songs and dances that takes them to a carnival, a Jewish wedding and onto a train when the car breaks down.
- Accompanying them is Marianne, the Colonel's girlfriend who Jacobowsky falls in love with.
- But it is not to be.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.