- Lindsey, successful popular novelist, widowed, childless, allows herself to be persuaded into 'boarding' students for the local University, but determines not to get involved in their problems.
- Inevitably, however, she does.
- The solid, practical Chris gives her little trouble; the febrile, father-hating, guitar-playing Dickon causes more upheaval, but wins her heart with his warmth and sympathy.
- The boorish 'Blitz' is another matter, and a scene with his appalling girl-friend, who attempts to smash up the cottage. brings matters to a head.
- Nevertheless, when she is free from them all, another student appears at the window, and it looks as if she will be starting all over again.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.