- Shortly after Maggie's husband, Don, leaves home on a business trip, Alan arrives at the house expecting an intimate interlude.
- Instead he finds himself handcuffed to a wrought-iron chair, and faced by Maggie and three women of the local set.
- He is put on trial for causing the death of another woman.
- A "court-room" is set up with props from a recent amateur dramatic production and there follows one of the most bizarre trials ever enacted in a British "court".
- During its course unforeseen revelations surprise all the participants, including Don who, returning unexpectedly, becomes involved in the Defence.
- The proceedings culminate in a final few moments of violent action.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.