- Based on characters created by Guy de Maupassant, this play gives a vibrant glimpse of life in a French "establishment" of 1888 which is both sad and humorous.
- Candice comes to rescue her friend Yvette from what she believes to be Mme. Tellier's den of iniquity only to have her prim sensibilities revolted by Madame's practical defence of her brothel and Yvette's refusal to leave her life of comfort.
- As Madame and her girls celebrate Yvette's birthday with much wine and a spirited version of the can can, Van Gogh sends Yvette a present of his ear.
- This bizarre gesture has a compelling attraction for Candice who determines to stay-- but only as a wine waitress!
- Recommended for competitions and drama clubs.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.