- This light-hearted and entertaining play concerns four elderly actresses passing their days in a Home for Retired Artistes.
- They bicker and banter, showing the different parts of the profession to which they belonged: The Classical school, the Ibsenite mould, showbiz etc.
- Only Dame Anthea's dresser, Gladys, keeps an observant distance, injecting pithy comments into the actresses' small talk.
- Needing a man for their projected Christmas play they enlist the help of newcomer Arthur Pendragon.
- But it is the dapper Anthony Redfern who devises an entertainment ideally suited to their personalities, whilst the redoubtable Gladys is installed as costume mistress, as usual!
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged.