- This book helps children understand what a collection of objects is.
- When the question is asked "What is it?" an inquiry has begun.
- It is a fun way to learn the proper names of a lot of objects.
- It involves collecting the objects describing them, grouping them and identifying them by their proper name.
- Descriptions are used to sort objects into like groups.
The five senses are used to describe the objects:
- eyes - colour, shape, sheen
- hands - texture, weight, temperature
- ears - pitch, rhythm, loudness
- nose - odour, strength
- tongue - sweet, sour, salty, bitter.
- These descriptions are then compared to photographs of identified objects.
- When a match is made, the collected object has its proper name.
- A collection study is an ideal one for children.
- It stimulates curiosity, develops a rich descriptive vocabulary, and makes the child's environment a friendlier place.
- This book will take the child step by step to a successful conclusion.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.