- This book shows children how language is an integral part of our lives.
- The book contains 27 units of work with a passage of text followed by a variety of activities that encourage children to play with language and enjoy it.
- The passages are examples of types of text children are likely to encounter, such as newspaper and magazine articles, advertisements, poems, humorous texts, letters to the editor, factual texts, fairy tales, folktales and narratives.
- The activities, which focus on language, grammar and spelling, are a mixture of regular repetitive exercises and new and stimulating ideas.
The activities include:
- Find the Meaning
- Find the Word
- Find the Rule
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Homonyms and Homographs
- Silent Letters
- Similes and Metaphors
- Cliches and Idioms
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Word Origins
- Activities that focus on parts of speech, such as nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.