- Coping Well is a practical guide for those living with a life-challenging disease and for their carers.
- It details the many effective coping strategies that Professor Rubin Battino has encountered through his extensive professional experience in private practice and support groups.
The book features a wide range of techniques and approaches that have a proven healing influence, including:
- relaxation methods such as guided imagery and meditation
- support groups
- varieties of therapy such as art and journal writing
- complementary medical treatment such as massage, acupuncture and hypnosis
- Also included are stories from sufferers of life-challenging disease, a patient's bill of rights, a patient/doctor agreement, important questions for those facing death, a 'living will' and a general power of attorney form.
- Coping Well provides valuable support for anyone facing serious illness, equipping both the sufferer and the carer with the resources required in such a difficult time.
- It also explores the crucial issue of changes to the sufferer's sense of self and in relationships with loved ones.
- This compassionate and imaginative resource focuses on alleviating the symptoms of serious illness and reducing the isolation that such illnesses often impose.
- At the book's heart is a holistic approach to healing, integrating psychological, spiritual and emotional dimensions.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.