- The CARS program uses reading strategies to increase comprehension.
- It is designed to identify the level of mastery in each reading strategy and then provides practice activities.
- Each lesson includes a reading passage (from a variety of different writing forms) followed by questions.
- The booklet includes notes explaining each strategy, self-assessment and teacher assessment pages.
Activities cover 12 reading strategies including:
- Finding the Main Idea
- Recalling Facts and Details
- Understanding Sequence
- Recognising Cause and Effect
- Making Predictions
- Finding Word Meaning in Context
- Drawing Conclusions and Making Inferences
- Distinguishing Between Fact and Opinion
- Identifying Author's Purpose
- Interpreting Figurative Language
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.
Ideal for Upper Primary