- Pierre Corneille's vigorous and inventive genius dominated French theatre in the seventeenth century.
- The Cid, his masterpiece set in medieval Spain, is a heroic tragi-comedy, played to packed houses however critics disapproved.
- Cinna, Cornielle's tense political drama was written 3 years later, in 1640.
- The Theatrical Illusion, a magical froth of a play was an earlier work.
- Includes an introduction about the author and a preface to each play.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.