- This book examines how various religious beliefs and institutions have influenced Australia's history.
- Although the main emphasis is on Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Aboriginal spirituality and other religions are also covered.
- The book explores the anti-socialist influence of Catholicism in the Labor Party and Protestant efforts to impose moral order on all Australians.
- Another major topic is Aboriginal resistance to Christianity and the paternalism of Christian approaches to Aborigines.
- This book should provide a greater understanding of Australian political cultures, religious sectarianism and the tense relationship between church and state.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.