- By the 1870s almost of Southern Africa had been conquered by the British.
- One small area remains free, a wild, mountainous desert.
- It is defended by what is left of the great Zulu army.
- When gold is discovered there, the richest man in Africa stops at nothing to get his hands on the land.
- At the same time he decides that young Edwina Sweet shall become his wife.
- Part of the Fiction Factory reader series of original texts.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.